4 Day Inca Quarry Socma Cachicata Trek to Machupicchu
Socma Inca Quarry Trek to Machupicchu a new Alternative trek to Machupicchu. A trek for those who love to hike alone. stunning views and beautiful incan sites along this trek
Come and Deal with Local tour operator.
Click to see real travellers’ Reviews for a Wonderful Memorable Lifetime experience!
4 Dias 3 Noches
3300 m.a.s.l - 4217 m.s.n.m
Senderismo, aventura, historia, cultura.
4 Day Inca Quarry Trek Overview:
STARTING POINT : Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 4:30 am to 5:00 am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco
HIKING DISTANCE: 60.5 km / 37.5 ml
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 3. Inca Quarry Trek requires some physical preparation and we Also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days befor we begin the Salkantay Trek
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 4,630 m / 15,228 ft
TRANSPORTATION: Private Van/Bus to Socma (for our Passengers and staff) Tourist Expedition Train Back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco
ACCOMMODATIONS: 2 nights by Camping Tent & 1 night in the hotel (Aguas Calientes)
PORTERING/HORSEBACK SERVICE: 7 Kilos/14 Pounds Extra Portering service is included. We will provide you a duffel bag for your personal Stuff and (This will be Carried by the porter or Horses), Water Bottle, Rain Poncho & Inca Trail T-shirt at the briefing time
MEALS: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 2 tea times + wake-up teas
MACHUPICCHU: Machupicchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 1: Cusco – Socma – Perolniyoq (Waterfalls) – Rayanpata
- Day 2: Rayanpata – Intipunku ( Sungate) – Choquetacarpo
- Day 3: Choquetacarpo – Cachicata – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
4 Day Inca Quarry Trek Highlights:
- Visit the perolniyoq waterfalls and the sungate
- Hike the Original Inca Trail to LLactapata Incan site to see Machupicchu.
- Enjoy the scenic views of snow mountains of Sacred valley of the Incas
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Eat delicious, freshly prepared Peruvian cuisine (Buffet Peruvian Style Food)
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Reach 4,600 meters (15,000 feet) in elevation along the Salkantay Pass
- Explore Machu Picchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- Hike one of National Geographic’s 25 “World’s Best Treks”
- Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go…
Day 1: Cusco – Socma – Perolniyoq (Waterfalls) – Rayanpata
We leave Cusco early in the morning and drive 1 hour and 45 minutes to Soqma (3,205 m / 10,512 ft). This is the starting point of our Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu and where we meet the horsemen that will join us during the hike.
We begin the hike with a 1 ¾ hour walk to the Perolniyoc cascade lookout. This is a perfect opportunity to stop for photos and a snack. The waterfall that you will see at this location is breathtaking! We will then hike a further 35 minutes until we visit the Inca site of the same name, where we will have a brief tour. This will be our lunch site.
After a refueling lunch, we will ascend 45 minutes until our camp at Rayan (3,700 meters/12,136 ft).
- Meals: Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Camping
- Minimum altitude: 3,205 m/ 10,512 ft
- Maximum altitude: 3,700 m/ 12,136 ft
- Distance to walk: 8 km/5 miles
- Approximate walking time: 3 to 4 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Area: Dry Mountain
Day 2: Rayanpata – Intipunku ( Sungate) – Choquetacarpo
After an early breakfast, we ascend 3 hours to the first pass of the trek, known as Puccaqasa (4,370 m/ 14,333 ft). At the top of the pass, there are incredible views of the Sacred Valley. This is a perfect place to take pictures!
We then head downhill for 25 minutes to our lunch location. After lunch, we hike 2 hours with alternating ascents and descents. The final 20 minutes of this segment will take us uphill to the highest pass of the trek, Kuychicassa (4,457 m/ 14,619 ft)
From here we trek downhill for 2 ½ hours to a site the Incas called Inti Punku, (meaning Sun Gate), where there is a spectacular view of Mount Veronica (5,682 m/ 18,637 ft) and the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Our campsites is 30 minutes downhill from Inti Punku at Choquetacarpo (3,600m/ 11,808 ft).
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Camping
- Minimum altitude: 3,600 m/ 11,808 ft
- Maximum altitude: 4,457 m/ 14,619 ft
- Distance to walk: 13 km/ 8 miles
- Approximate walking time: 8 to 9 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
Day 3: Choquetacarpo – Cachicata – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We will have an early breakfast and then walk one hour downhill to the Cachiqata quarry (3,525 m/ 11,562 ft), where we observe the location where stones were cut for Ollantaytambo. We will have a tour and talk about how you can still see remains of stonework that was interrupted by the Spanish conquest.
From the quarry, we descend for 3 hours until we reach Ollantaytambo (2,840 m / 9,315 ft). We will have lunch in Ollantaytambo.
In the afternoon we travel by the luxury Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes. When we arrive you will check in to your hotel room. The natural hot springs in town are an unbeatable way to spend a late afternoon/early evening if time is available before dinner. Dinner will be at the finest restaurant.
- Meals: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
- Accommodations: Hotel
- Minimum altitude: 2,840 m / 9,315 ft
- Maximum altitude: 3,525 m/ 11,562 ft
- Distance to walk: 11 km/ 7 miles
- Approximate walking time: 4 hours
- Difficulty: moderate
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
You will have breakfast at your hotel before we take a very early bus (5:30 am) along the winding road to Machu Picchu to see the magnificent sunrise. Once there you will be given at 2 hour walking tour of the site.
If you have elected to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain (the price of this is included in your Inca Quarry Trek price), you will begin the hike at 10 AM. If you are not climbing the mountain you will have free time to explore the site, hike to the Sun Gate, or hike to the Inca Bridge before you return to Aguas Calientes by bus.
Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes, you will board the expedition train to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo, you will travel by private van to Cusco and we will drop you off at your hotel. Arrival time in Cusco depends on the time of your train ticket.
- Meals: Breakfast
- Maximum altitude: 2,040 m/ 6,691 ft
- Minimum altitude: 2,440 m/ 8,052 ft
Inca Quarry Trek Includes:
- Private Transportation to Socma (Trailhead)
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 4 days of the Salkantay and Machupicchu.
- Guided assistance
- Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping pad
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.
- Cooking equipment
- Daily tea service
- Dining equipment including chairs and tables
- Portable environmental Biodegradable toilet (The Pett)
- Food service in the campsites (3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu
- Vegetarian menu at no extra cost
- Personal trekking food – nutritionally balanced menu(Buffet)
- Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). During Choquequirao and Salkantay Sector.
- Porters to carry all our camping equipment as well as food.
- Lares Valley entrance fees, valid for 4 days
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our Cook and horseman
- Round Trip Expeditions train ticket from Ollantaytambo to aguas Calientes and aguas calientes to ollantaytambo
- Private Transportation from the Ollantaytambo train station to Cusco
- First-aid kit
- Emergency oxygen bottle
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing (Hotel or Office)
- Insurance policy for our porters and Cooks.
Inca Quarry Trek to Machupicchu Doesnt Include: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 4
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- MachuPicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$90 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train (First Class Train) (Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) USUS$70
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person (Twin Bed room, 3 Beds room & 4 Beds Room with Private shower & Bathroom)
- A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US$20 per person / Twin Bed room (Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
- Goose Down sleeping bag (Mummy style): US$60 for the entire trip
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$40 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$30 for the entire trip
- BRIEFING for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
- STORAGE Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage with no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form
4 Day Inca Quarry Socma Cachicata Trek to Machupicchu (Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$580
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): From 04 Persons to 08 Persons (Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$680
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Inca Quarry Trek:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Somos los Mejores Operadores en PERU
Somos Operador Directo del Camino Inca
Somos Tour Operador Local del Camino Inca a Machupicchu, Sin intermediarios ni precios ocultos; tenemos Guías Locales expertos y profesionales.
Soporte completo al cliente
Desde el momento en que recibamos su mensaje, le asignaremos un experto especialista en viajes que atenderá y personalizará cada detalle de su viaje; somos Especialistas Locales
Viajes y tours a medida, Experiencias únicas para todos nuestros viajeros; Organizamos tus próximas vacaciones en Perú para que sean únicas e inigualables
Los mejores especialistas en viajes
Harás tu viaje con expertos locales; Conocemos las mejores rutas y Destinos del Perú; Todo para una experiencia de viaje sin igual.
Nuestra reputación en Tripadvisor
Miles de viajeros que conocen la calidad de nuestros servicios son su garantía de excelencia y calidad de los tours. Nos recomiendan
Amigable con el medio ambiente
En todos nuestros viajes, Somos conscientes del medio ambiente y de la gestión de los residuos sólidos; Somos responsables de nuestra huella de carbono y del respeto a la flora y la fauna.