2 Day Mountain Biking Maras Moray Machupicchu
Mountain Bike from the incredible circular ruins of Moray and salt flats connect to Machu Picchu, on this short hike you will see the very best of Inca ruins, and you’ll have a chance hike thought the incredible circular ruins of Moray, explore the beautiful Urubamba valley and have plenty of time to fully appreciate the amazing Machu Picchu.
For those Travellers who have missed a space on Classic Inca Trail we have a GREAT Alternative trek to Machupicchu (See our 4 Day Salkantay Trek)
Click to see real travellers’ Reviews for a Wonderful Memorable Lifetime experience!
2 dias 1 Noche
3300 m.a.s.l - 3600 m.a.s.l
Ciclismo, Naturaleza y Cultura
02 Min - 08 Max
2 Day Mountain Biking Maras & Moray to Machupicchu Overview
STARTING POINT : Pick-up from Cusco & Sacred Valley Hotel/Airbnb. From 7:00 am to 7:30 am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Cusco at Hotel/Airbnb 10:30 pm
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
HIKING DISTANCE: 2 Days Time
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 2. we Also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days befor we begin the trek
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 3300 m.a.s.l
TRANSPORTATION: Tourist Expedition Round trip train from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
ACCOMMODATIONS: 1 Night in a Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Twin Bed room, 3 Beds room, 4 Bed room. Upon Request
MEALS: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
MACHUPICCHU: Machupicchu entrance fee Included.
- Day 1: Cusco – Mountain Biking Maras Moray – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
2 Day Mountain Biking Maras & Moray to Machupicchu Highlights
- Enjoy the sunrise in Machupicchu City
- Enjoy the scenic views of Sacred Valley of the incas (Maras Salt Flats & Moray)
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Explore MachuPicchu and the surrounding area with expert and knowledgeable tour top guides
- Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go..
Day 1: Cusco – Bike Tour to Maras Moray – Aguas Calientes
At 8am we pick you up from the hotel and travel by own private vehicle to Chincheros, which takes 40 minutes. Here we begin our cross country biking tour on the nice Andean landscape. We visit Lake Huaypo, Maras-Moray, Salt mining and finally enjoy doing downhill biking to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Maras is an Inca settlement, and is a place named Salineras, are extensive terracing salt areas, controlled, and used since before Inca days. This trip is for beginners, and experience bikers, you can choose to ride in asphalt road, dirt road and single trucks. Will be a nice experience mixing the sport and knowledge of the Inca culture. After 5 hours biking 35km (or more) is stopping at different view points. The lunch will be in Ollantaytambo and then at 4pm we aboard the train to Aguas Calientes (2 hours of travel), welcoming reception and then transfer to the hotel in Aguas Calientes Meals: Buffet lunch in Urubamba and Dinner in Ollantaytambo or Aguas Calientes )
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu picchu – Cusco
first option is leaving at 4:30am breakfast and begin of 2 hours climb to Machu Picchu archaeological site (2500m).and Second option is leaving at 6am breakfast and half hour later aboard the first tourist bus to drop us to Machu Picchu main door, and to be the first visitors inside Machu Picchu archaeological site you will have complete guided tour of this spectacular and mystical place. The guided tour include walk through the different section such as urban, agriculture, and the religions zone was used by the Inca Culture. According with the time and your feeling you can coordinating with the tour guide climb to Huayna Picchu (Young Mountain) this climbing take around 1 hour to get the summit from where you can have the best view for photos of all Machu Picchu and of deep green canyon surrounding the sacred Inca City. At according time descend to Machu Picchu and then free time to explorer on your own. At mentioned time aboard a tourist bus to descend to Aguas Calientes town. Lunch will be in town and then we will aboard the backpacker train to Ollantaytambo (Sacred Valley) and from here we take a private van to drop us to the hotel in Cusco.
Mountain Biking Maras & Moray to Machupicchu Includes:
- Private Transportation Cusco to Cruzpata (Trailhead)
- Quad Bike, Helmet, Gloves
- English Speaking Guide for 2 days
- 01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- 01 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Tourist Expedition Train round trip from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus back from ollantaytambo to cusco
Mountain Biking Maras & Moray to Machupicchu Doesnt Include: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 2
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Huaynapicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$30 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- MachuPicchu Mountain (Based on Availability): US$30 Based on Availability (Let us at the time of booking)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train (First Class Train) (Includes Private Transportation From Ollantaytambo to Cusco) USUS$70
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person (Twin Bed room, 3 Beds room & 4 Beds Room with Private shower & Bathroom)
- A night in Cusco at our Quechuas Guesthouse: from US$20 per person / Twin Bed room (Before we do the tour/trek or after the tour/trek)
- Goose Down sleeping bag (Mummy style): US$30 for the entire trip
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$20 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$15 for the entire trip
- BRIEFING for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
- STORAGE Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage with no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form2
– Pick up from the hotel in cusco
– Private, Tourist Transport “To and from” the hydroelectric Power station (Cusco, Hydroelectrica, Cusco)
– Night accommodation HOSTEL (private bath, 24 hour hot water, Free luggage storage)
Lunch ( Sta teresa Day 1), 1 dinner (Aguas Calientes Day 1), 1 breakfast (Aguas Calientes Day 2)
– Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
– Professional, bilingual Guide( in machupicchu)
NOTE: if you want to stay an extra night you must add US$30 more and you must let us know to pick you up on 3rd day at 2:00pm from Hydroelectric.
Aguas Calientes to Hydroelectric 2 and half hours walk.
– Lunch on Day 2
– Optional/Bus Up and Down from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (US$24 Round Trip) instead of walking from aguas calientes to machupicchu.
– Entrance to the hot spring in Aguas Calientes
NOTE: Optional (Train Back to Ollantaytambo instead of Taking the Van 8 hours back to cusco)
If you decide this option you have to add US$ 50 each and you can take the Tourist Backpacker Train and Bus back to cusco From ollantaytambo ( Please let us know at the same time of booking to organize the train back tickets.
2 Day Mountain Biking Maras & Moray to Machupicchu (Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$400
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): (Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$580
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Biking to Maras Moray:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Somos los Mejores Operadores en PERU
Somos Operador Directo del Camino Inca
Somos Tour Operador Local del Camino Inca a Machupicchu, Sin intermediarios ni precios ocultos; tenemos Guías Locales expertos y profesionales.
Soporte completo al cliente
Desde el momento en que recibamos su mensaje, le asignaremos un experto especialista en viajes que atenderá y personalizará cada detalle de su viaje; somos Especialistas Locales
Viajes y tours a medida, Experiencias únicas para todos nuestros viajeros; Organizamos tus próximas vacaciones en Perú para que sean únicas e inigualables
Los mejores especialistas en viajes
Harás tu viaje con expertos locales; Conocemos las mejores rutas y Destinos del Perú; Todo para una experiencia de viaje sin igual.
Nuestra reputación en Tripadvisor
Miles de viajeros que conocen la calidad de nuestros servicios son su garantía de excelencia y calidad de los tours. Nos recomiendan
Amigable con el medio ambiente
En todos nuestros viajes, Somos conscientes del medio ambiente y de la gestión de los residuos sólidos; Somos responsables de nuestra huella de carbono y del respeto a la flora y la fauna.