Day 01: Arrive Cusco & Cusco City Tour (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 02: Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Bus Ride to Sta maria – Sta Teresa (Overnight Hotel Santa Teresa).
Day 03: Hike – Sta Teresa – Lucmabamba – Llactapata Aguas Calientes(Overnight Aguas Calientes)
Day 04: Machupicchu early Morning Exploration Full Day & Train Back to OLlantaytambo and Bus back to Cusco (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 05: Horseback Riding Maras & Moray (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 06: Rafting – Biking or Paragliding Tour Full Day (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 07: South Sacred Valley Tour (Tipon – Piquillacta – Andahuaylillas) (Overnight Hotel Cusco).
Day 08: Transfer To the airport (End of the Service)
DAY 01: Cusco City Tour
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
DAY 02: Sacred Valley of The Inkas – Sta Teresa (overnight in Sta Teresa)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we Continue by bus for 4 and half hours Aprox. to Sta Maria and Sta Teresa where also enjoy the natural hot spring of Cocal mayo (Overnight in Sta Teresa)
DAY 03: Sta Teresa – Lucmabamba – Llactapata -Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes.
Early in the morning we take a bus from santa teresa to Lucmabamba 2085 m.a.s.l where we start hiking on an original inca trail up to Llactapata 2740(where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu) and after taking some nice pictures we continue down to Hydroelectrica power sattion where we stop to have lunch and then 2 more hours to Aguas Calientes town (Overninght Aguas Calientes Town)
DAY 04: Full Day Machupicchu Tour
Today we visit the remarkable Machu Picchu. There is no way to describe the feeling of the first views of Machu Picchu, as the mist rises off the mountains early in the morning and the famous ruin appears in front of you. It may be called the Sun Gate but bear in mind we are in the cloud forest and sometimes “Cloud Gate” would be a more suitable name. The morning is dedicated to exploring the extraordinary site of Machu Picchu, where your guide will be on hand to explain and give you an insight into the life of the Incas at Machu Picchu. For the keen, there’s also the opportunity to climb the sacred peak of Huaya Picchu. In the afternoon, we take the train from Aguas Calientes back to Ollantaytambo and then bus back to Cusco. (Overnight Cusco)
Day 05: Cusco / Maras Town / Salt flats of Maras / Moray Agricultural Terraces
we Pick you up at 8:00 am from your hotel in Cusco. Transfer to ranch, located in the sacred valley (Maras). At ranch we will meet our horses and complete explanation about the premises and an introduction of our national horse, riding courses and equitation lead by an experience instructor. we depart toward the picturesque village of Maras. Then to the salt platforms of Salineras (Inca times), still being used by the locals to extract salt from the mountain spring water. Where the salty water is channeled through an impressive irrigation system and left to evaporate in the sun.Continue 2 hours climbing riding the horses (1000m) to reach the high Andean. Over at 3750m the stunning scenery and the snow-capped mountains of Chicon, Veronica and Salkantay is impressive. Cooling of the products was achieved by using a genius system of underground air-circulation. Ride to Lake Huaypo, there will have box lunch with spectacular scenery of snow-capped mountains, wildflowers and beautiful mountain lakes. Ride to Moray terraces, this area was served as an experimental agricultural station for the development of different crop strains, using the climates of different ecological zones. There are no great ruins in Moray to impress visitors. Moray is more for the contemplative traveler with an affinity for such phenomena as the Nasca Lines. From Moray we come back down to the Valley floor, after riding we come back to the ranch. At 4 pm transfer back to Cusco. maras moray by riding an horse
We come to pick you from the bus station and we transfer to your hotel and we start any of these tour which are below
1st option. MOUNTAIN BIKE MORAY AND SALT MINES IN MARAS.
This exciting biking adventure tour blends adrenaline pumping mountain biking and breathtaking views with visits to two famous sites near the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas. Moray is a series of remarkable innovative agricultural terraces that are built in three deep depressions. We reach Moray with a short hike (around 30 mins) from our drop off point half way between the Cusco and Urubamba valleys and we take a pack lunch. In the afternoon on bike, we descend to Maras an important historical source of salt. After visiting the workers as they produce the bags of salt we walk down the quebrada (ravine) and reach the Urubamba river as it winds lazily towards Machu Picchu and beyond to the Amazon. Here, our vehicle will take us back to Cusco and your hotel. This is a full day adventure tour!
2nd Options. RIVER RAFTING AT CHUQUICAHUANA URUBAMBA RIVER: One of our most popular white water rafting adventure tours is the «Cusipata» section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is very pure. We pick you up at your hotel, after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River. Our professional white water rafting guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for white water rafting. We will be floating for approximately two to two and a half hours, running numerous class II and III type rapids. Afterwards, we arrive to the take-out. Then a hot lunch will be provided as well as a sauna and hot showers. Our return to Cusco should be around 4:30-5:00pm in the afternoon. This is a full day adventure tour!(Cusco Hotel)
Day 07: Tipon – Pikillacta – Andahuaylillas
We will pick you up from your hotel at 7:45 am for a tour in the valley south where you can visit the following sites:
TIPON: A large area of crop that contains 12 impressive terraces that are now grown, whose walls were built with finely carved stone. More impressive still is the irrigation system which is still serving agriculture and the advantage is the water in the spring season.
PIKILLAQTA: Presents characteristics of a major urban center for the development time of the Wari empire with over a thousand spaces between buildings, colcas (deposits food), athletic fields or houses, temples, long and narrow streets with buildings that took up to 4 stories high.
ANDAHUAYLILLAS: Typical Andean village time the colony of origin and unique architecture. Andahuaylillas stressed in his Catholic church from the colonial era with a beautiful decoration and wall painting of the seventeenth and eighteenth century known as the Sistine Chapel of Cusco. We return to Cusco at approximately 3:00 pm.
Transfer to the Cusco Airport (End of the Service)
Add on the Nazca Lines, the Amazon Rainforest, Colca Canyon, and other extension tours or treks. Let us know.
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS INCLUDES:
– Entrance to Machupicchu
– Tourist Backpacker Train Return From Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
– Bus Up & Down(From Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
– English Speaking Guide in Machupichu (02 & half hours Guided tour)
– Tourist Return Bus From Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
– Transportation Ollantaytambo to Sta Maria – Sta Teresa
– English Speaking Guide while on the hike
– Local Transportation Sta Teresa to Lucmabamba
– Breakfast(Sta Teresa), Lunch(Hydroelectrica Dinner(Aguas Calientes Town)
Hotel Nights ( breakfast included ) (Lodging)
– CUSCO: 05 nights of hotel accommodation
– AGUAS CALIENTES:01 nights of hotel accommodation
– SANTA TERESA: 01 night of Hostel(Sta Teresa)
Cusco Tours: / City Tour & Sacred Valley
– City Tour: Includes Tourist bus & English Guide (Tourist Attractions to see: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay)
– Sacred Valley of the Incas (Awanacancha, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo & Chincheros)
Cusco Sport Tours Rafting or Biking: Full Day.
– All Included, Food, Guide, Equipment, Transportation
Cusco Horseback Riding (Maras and Moray): Full Day.
– All Included, Food, Guide, Equipment, Horses & Transportation
– Private Cuzco Airport Transfers
– All Transfers Hotel Terminal/Airport Transfers
QUECHUAS EXPEDITIONS DOESNT INCLUDE:
– International Airfares.(Please Give us Details of you Flight Tickets to pick you up from the airport) Flight Number & Company Name.)
– All airport departure tax – Lima International Departure tax is approximately US$35 and Lima Domestic Departure tax is approximately US$8
– Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
– Meal Budget : Allow approx. US$10 US$15 for every meal not included.
– Sleeping bags US$5 per day & hiking poles US$ 4 per day (02 poles/black diamond or Leki) can be easily rented from us. Let us know.
– The Cuzco Visitor’s Ticket (known as Boleto Turistico – Tourist Pass 130 soles) – which includes entrance to the ruins in and around Cuzco and the Sacred Valley, and many churches and museums in Cuzco.
– Tips for the guides, porters and other staff.
– Lunch and dinner whilst staying at hotels.
– Alcoholic drinks, tickets for the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
– Travel Insurance and things of a personal nature – laundry and telephone calls, personal taxis, souvenirs etc.
– We will gladly arrange additional accommodation for you before or after your trip: In Lima/Cuzco/Machu Picchu.
– Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance. Quechuas Expeditions will assist in obtaining all necessary documents for you to be refunded by your insurance company.
Any unexpected situations occurred during the journey and which are beyond our control, including changes in scheduling trains or flights, delays, strikes, cancellations, missed connections, etc.. shall be covered by the passenger as a whole. Also, if you for physical reasons of health cannot continue the trek or walk, and will need emergency evacuation then all charges incurred such as transportation, hotel, ambulance, doctors, medication, hospitalization, etc.. will be at passenger’s expense.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please Note: Walking and journey times are approximate and the package includes Classic Inca Trail see availability first.
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
• Original Passport (and some copies)
• Travel insurance (and some copies)
• Airline tickets (and some copies)
• US$ cash and travellers cheques
• Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
• Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
• Camera and films
• Rechargeable batteries and adapters
• Reading/writing material
• Cover for backpacks
• Fleece top
• Windproof/waterproof jacket
• Small towel and swim wear
• Sun hat
• 2 pairs of shorts
• 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
• 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
• Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes
• Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
• Sport hiking sandals
• Sun block
• Toiletries (biodegradable)
• Watch or alarm clock
• Water bottle
• Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
• Flashlight (head light recommended)
• Money belt
• Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
• Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
• Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
• Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us )
• Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
• Thermal underwear
• Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
[tabby title=»Prices & Availability»]
Whilst we expect that the tour will run as per the itinerary, participants should accept that there is the possibility of changes being necessary subject to local conditions eg. strikes and natural disaster these changes may be at the discretion of your tour company.
Please, Note: All our Tours in Cusco & Lima are (Small Groups 02-06ppl – 08ppl Maximum) We are not going to pass you onto a Big Rushed Tour Groups. What most agencies do here.
We want you to have a Memorable Lifetime Trip!
and if you choose Bed & Breakfast you will stay in our Quechuas Guesthouse Homestay. Private rooms with private shower and bathroom (in cusco only) and includes Shuttle transportation to go to the town square.(Please a detailed page of Quechuas Guesthouse above)
Double Room, Matrimonial(Twin Beds Room) Occupancy. Shared Group Service
Prices shown Below are per person, based on Twin bed room occupancy and in US$ Dollars.
If you are a group over 06 people let us know to give you a discount
Bed & Breakfast – Hostel/ US$
3 Stars Hotel/ US$
4 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
5 Stars Hotel/ Upon Request
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
3-star la Faraona (Miraflores), El Carmel (Miraflores),Casa Andina (Miraflores), Best Western Embajadores Hotel or similar.
4-star San Agustin Exclusive or Sol de Oro (Casa Andina Select Miraflores opening May 2011)
5-star Casa Andina PC, Radisson Decapolis or similar.
Airport Ramada Costa del Sol airport hotel.
Deluxe Miraflores Park Plaza (Orient Express), JW Marriott, Lima Country Club or similar.
3-star Casa Andina Ciudad Blanca or similar.
4-star Posada del Inca Arequipa, Cabildo or similar.
5-star Libertador Arequipa, Casa Andina Private Collection or similar.
B&B Quechuas Guesthouse(Homestay)
B&B- El Virrey, Amaru I, El Triunfo
3-star Mirador Apu Hotel, Casona Real Cusco, Hatun Wasi or Similar
3-star Casa Andina Classic, San Agustin El Dorado, similar.
4-star Costa del Sol Picoaga, Novotel, Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available) or similar.
5-star Casa Cartagena, Libertador, or Suite at the Casa Andina Private Collection inc. oxygen, matrimonial beds only, or similar.
Deluxe Monasterio (Orient Express), Inkaterra La Casona or similar.
Machu Picchu (AGUAS CALIENTES) (HOTEL)
B&B- Pumas Inn, Sumaq Muyurina
3-star La cabaña, El MaPi (ex Machu Picchu Inn), Machupicchu Green Nature, Intipunku or similar.
4-star Hatuchay Tower or similar; includes dinner at Hatuchay Tower.
5-star Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo, Sumaq Machu Picchu or similar.
Deluxe Sanctuary Lodge (Orient Express – includes all meals), or Suite at the Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo.
PUNO (Lake Titicaca) (HOTEL)
3-star Casa Andina Plaza, Puñuypampa Inn or similar.
4-star Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen available), Sonesta Posadas del Inca or similar.
5-star Libertador Lago Titicaca or Casa Andina Private Collection (oxygen inc) or similar.
Deluxe 1 night Deluxe hotel. Hotel Titilaka. Includes accommodation in a Dawn Suite; choice of excursions in and around Titicaca Lake with bilingual (Spanish and English) guide; all meals.
ISLAND OF THE SUN (HOTEL)
Standard Posada del Inca Eco Lodge, Inca Utama or similar
LA PAZ (HOTEL)
3-star Rosario or similar.
4-star Rey Palace or similar.
5-star Radisson Plaza, Europa or similar.
COLCA CANYON (HOTEL)
3-star Pozo del Cielo or similar.
4-star Casa Andina or similar.
5-star Libertador Colca Lodge or similar
Deluxe 1 night deluxe accommodations (individual casitas) in Orient Express Casitas del Colca. Includes: Buffet Breakfast A la carte lunch A la carte dinner Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages excluding premium alcoholic brands and special wines Full Mini-bar A la carte activities such as Peruvian Paso horse riding, hiking tours, painting lessons, fly fishing lessons, cooking lessons and pisco sour lessons. 10% service charge
3-star Casa Andina or similar.
4-star Nazca Lines or similar.
3 Star Hotel La Posada del Emancipador or similar
4 Star La Hacienda Bahia Paracas or similar
5 Star Doubletree Guest Suite (weekend rate w/ view of pool) or similar
Deluxe Hotel Paracas (Garden View) or similar
[tabby title=»Why Quechuas»]
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
[tabby title=»Book Now»]
[contact-form-7 id=»45″ title=»Book Now for Tour»]