FIRST SALKANTAY TREK DAY : MOLLEPATA TREK – SORAYPAMPA
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Mollepata where we start our Salkantay trek . As soon as we are at mollepata while you have breakfast the cook and the horseman will pack all the camping equipment and cooking stuff and we start hiking the first 3 hours will be a little bit uphill to get Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our Salkantay trek towards Soraypampa, our first Salkantay Trek camping spot (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) we will be very close to the second highest Salkantay snow capped -mountain of Cusco. salkantay trek.
SECOND SALKANTAY TREK DAY: SORAYPAMPA -CHAULLAY OR COLLPAPAMPA (MIGHTY SALKANTAY)
After having our Salkantay Trek breakfast we start walking about 5:30 am ,because this day will be the longest day the first 4 hours is uphill to get the highest point of the Salkantay Trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second Salkantay Trek camping spot of chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
THIRD SALKANTAY TREK DAY: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SAHUAYACO (CLOUD FOREST)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start walking through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours. Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place horses will go back to Mollepata on taking the same Salkantay Trek .so we camp at la Playa Sahuayaco salkantay trek to machu picchu.
FOURTH SALKANTAY TREK DAY: LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC TRAIN STATION – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our camping spot of Lluscamayo. We walk up on a original Inca Trail to Llactapata site where you will get a chance to see Machupicchu far away (one of the most beautiful place to see Machupicchu) then We continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana etc. until we reach the hydroelectric station. And after the lunch we keep walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostel.
In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the Salkantay Trek.
FIFTH SALKANTAY TREK DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY !!!
Salkantay trek important day ,We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to Machupicchu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machupicchu (25-minutes long) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huaynapicchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top. We will stay in Machupicchu the whole day and once we have enjoyed we will go down to aguas calientes to sleep another day.
SIXTH DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – OLLANTAYTAMBO – PATACANCHA – IPSAYCOCHA.
we take the early train 2 hours from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then drive to Patakancha, a Quechua community, where people live very much like their Inca ancestors, in stone and adobe homes with thatch roofs. The locals weave much of their clothing, work the land with foot ploughs and live off their llama and alpacas supplementing their income working as porters. Visit the community and school. After the community visit you will meet your trekking crew, your kit will be loaded, and you will start your hike. As you leave the village, you will enjoy views of Alpaca and llama herds grazing along the trail. The scenery is typical of the high Andes with â€œichuâ€ or high altitude grass as well as some polylepis trees. After approximately 1.5 hours of ascent the trail flattens and you reach Ipsaycocha a beautiful small lagoon near the campsite (4,200m/13,780ft). Overnight in tents.
SEVENTH DAY: IPSAYCOCHA – HUACAHUASI
After breakfast you will begin your ascent for about 1 hour until you reach the Ipsa pass at 4,400 m. This is your highest point on the trek and a good place to observe Andean Condors. After the pass, the rest of your hike will be downhill. You begin to descend for about 3 hours until you reach the community of Huacahuasi, another traditional village where people live close to the land, farming the same way their Inca ancestors did. Today the scenery will be dramatically different from yesterday: potato, barley, quinoa and corn fields abound and after we camp at Huacahuasi.
EIGHTH DAY: HUACAHUASI – LARES HOT SPRING – CUSCO.
we walk 2 more hours and after enjoying the hot spring waters we take our bus back to cusco.
SALKANTAY TREK INCLUDES:
- Private Tourist Transportation To Mollepata and Extra 1hour minutes to Soraypampa to get better views and skip the dusty road. (We never share Bus service with other companies as most agencies do here to minimize costs)
- English – Spanish speaking guide for 3 days of the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.(All our Guides work for us only) All of them speak Fluent English.
- Second Guide Over 08 people Group(Large Group Service)
- Thermarest air-inflate Confortable sleeping Mattress (While others agencies are using foam mat) Thats why many of them run away from us. Because they dont want their passengers to see the Quality of our Camping equipment)
- Cook and assistance of the Cook.(We have chosen the best cook/cheffs and all are trained by Quechuas Expeditions every month)
- Cooking equipment (We use New cooking equipment and change all every 3 months)
- Snacks (Fruits, energy bars)
- Daily tea service (Wake up Coca tea and afternoon tea time(Happy hour) with full of popcorn and special snacks made by our cooks)
- Dining equipment including portable chairs and tables
- Food service in the campsites (2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 snacks) – nutritionally balanced menu: Buffet style Plenty of food you will never be hungry with us! as well as Guinea Pig for free because we want you to taste all from Peru.
- Vegetarian and free Gluten menu at no extra cost (Please let us know at the time of booking)
- Two person tents (3-people capacity tent used as doubles – Kayla Doite) 4 season tent Aluminium poles Tents
- Transportation La Playa to Hydroelectrica Day 4th(For our Staff)
- Horseman and Horses.(To carry our camping equipment, food and 7 kilos of your personal stuff like: sleeping bag and mat as well as cothes) We Never overload our Horses(well Animal Welfare). And we will Provide you a Duffel bag(at The Breifing Time) for all your personal stuff to be carried by horses.
- Salkantay and Machupicchu entrance fees, valid for 3 days
- Insurance policy of life for porters and cooks.
- Visit to Machu Picchu on the 3rd day (2 hours guide tour to explore the whole incan site)
- Camping equipment and basic field equipment for our porters as well as adecuate clothing like: (Sleeping bag, Mat, Jacket, T-shirt, pant, rain poncho, shoes, hat, belts, proper backpack to carry the equipment and all of them are limited to carry 20kg only)
- Return Tourist Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Train time is at 6:20pm and this time will allow you to stay in machupicchu almost all day without rushing your Exploration. and if you upgrade to Vistadome the train will be at 3:48pm.
- Private Transportation from the train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco(2 hours drive) and drop off at the hotel.(we only use our Private Transportation. so you will never wait at the train station till the bus of 30 ppl gets full)
- First-aid kit (Our Guide will carry while on the Inca Trail) Please, note all our Guides are trained every year in first-aid)
- Emergency oxygen bottle (Our guide will carry while on the Inca Trail)
- Rain waterproof cover for your day backpacks
- Pre trek Orientation – briefing A day before we do the Trek. (Hotel or Office) Let us know once you are at the office or by email.
- Single Tents upon request with no extra cost.
- Water for Driking: we will supply with filtered and boiled water and your bottles will be filled at each meal time. Please, bring enough water for the 1st day.
- Free «I survived » T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!!)
- Accomodation Overnight in Aguas Calientes(Twin bed room with Private bathroom and shower) 01 Night
Quechuas Expeditions Additional Things which are Included
- Portables Tent & Biodegradable Toilet (toilet waste bags) Quechuas Expeditions allows you to bring the comforts of home along for an enjoyable trip.Having a toilet in your home away from home may be convenience at its finest. Camping. so you don’t have to go out into the woods in the middle of the night to do your business.
– Quechuas Expeditions Detailed Page of Camping Equipment, Food and other imporntant things:
- Responsible Tourism and Well-paid and well-treated porters(HOW YOU CAN HELP ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT)(Click here to see a detailed page)
- We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
Quechuas Expeditions Bottle for free. Get one for free at the office.
Please help us to reduce or eliminate the generation of plastic waste by refilling this bottle in any of the water stations located throughout on the treks. This is part of our efforts towards a cleaner and healthier environment. Sponsored by Quechuas Expeditions (The Best Local Tour Operator)
Get one of this Bottle for Fee at our Office!!!
Quechuas Expeditions Water Bottles (Get one for Free)
SALKANTAY TREK DOESNT INCLUDE: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Extra expenses
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Lunch and dinner – Day 3
- Not detailed meals
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please):Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
ADDITIONAL THINGS AND UPGRADES:
- Extra Horse to Carry extra things/12kg- US$100
- Extra Horse To Ride /90kg-Weight Limit US$200 Day 1 & 2 and Includes an Horseman to control the horse.
- Upgrade to first class Vistadome Train US$60
- Upgrade to 3 stars Hotel US$40 per person.(Based on twin bed room)
- Huaynapicchu Mountain Entrance ticket US$20(2 hours round trip) based on availability and book in advance
- Extra Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes US$30 per person based on twin bed room with private bathroom (This is in case you need to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes town)
- Walking sticks: it can be rented from us. (02 poles US$20 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping bags: it can be rented from us.(US$30 for the entire trip)
- Sleeping liners: it can be bought from us.(US$15)
WHAT WE RECOMMEND TO BRING:
- • Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) green card if you are student ). Note ( you have to bring your student card to machu picchu because you are going to be required to show at the Machupicchu control point
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sun hat and gloves
- T-shirts / shirts
- Comfortable hiking zip off trousers
- Rain pants
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 25 recommended )
- Insect Repellent ( for mosquitos )15 % of deet at least
- Water bottle.
- Water purifying tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper and wet wipes
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight) we recommend headlights
- Extra contribution suggested in soles money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency.
- Previous acclimatization in Cuzco city, for at least 2 days and general good health. Quechuas Expeditions offers easy one day and half day routes which can be completed before the main trek.
[tabby title=»Prices & Availability»]
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of US$100 and you are ready to go. Please, (Click here to see method of payments)
Please, Prices are Based On Group size you want us to place you./Please, note: We will Never pass you onto another operator or share service with other companies as most agencies do here.
SALKANTAY & LARE TREK TO MACHUPICCHU 8/Days –
Small Group Service:(Group Size: 02 Minimum – 06ppl Average – 08ppl Maximum)
Price per person Adult US$1040 & Students US$1020 / 7 Kilos Portering Service included /Duffel Bag provided by QE
Please,Note: If you are 02 we can open a New group and Leave any day you suit.
MAY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JUNE 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JULY 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
AUGUST 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
SEPTEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
OCTOBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
NOVEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
DECEMBER 2018: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,30
JANUARY 2019: 2,6,10,14,18,22,26,3030
SALKANTAY & LARES TREK PRIVATE SERVICE: (GROUP SIZE UPON REQUEST) 8/Days – 2016 – 2017 and Includes: Special trek program just for you, and you can depart any day you wish and choose the group size, we don´t add any people, is arranged just for you. All private groups include additional services, such as:
02 persons group / US$1400 per person
03 persons group / US$1350 per person
04 persons group / US$1300 per person
05 persons group / US$1250 per person
06-8 persons group / US$1200 per person
- Extra Horse to Ride(1, 2, 3 day only)
- Hotel 3 stars (At Aguas Calientes Town)
- North face 4 season tents
- Entrance to climb Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- Vistadome Train(First Class train back From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo)
- Private Van back to cusco from ollantaytambo
- Train Ticket( From Hydroelectric Plant to Aguas Calientes 40 Minutes ride)
- Bus Round Trip ( Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes)
- Bus Down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes
- Lunch in Machupicchu or Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag / Silk Liner included.
- 02 walking poles per person / Rubber tips included.
- 01 Duffel Bags to carry all your sleeping bag, Self-inflating pad as well as your Clothes.
- Tour Guide to explore Machupicchu and Huaynapicchu all day. and of course we pay a little bit more to our staff and guide
[tabby title=»Why Quechuas»]
WHY Quechuas Expeditions? We have Extra Things that other companies wont provide you.
For a Momorable Lifetime experience…
– We have Our Medical Emergency Equipped Rescue Mountain Car(This car will be available for all our passenger) and this will ready for any Emergency you need.
– Local 100% Peruvian 13 years experienced Tour operator(Based in Cusco)
– We treat our team of porters the best with a HOUSE for them to sleep and proper equipment, wages and health insurance for everyone
– Best Tour guides(Fluent English)
– Master Cheffs The best in the Cusco region
– The food provided on our treks is the best( buffet Style and plenty of food)
– The best Camping Equipment (spacious tents 4 season aluminum poles tents, Eating & Cooking tents, Portable table & chairs, comfortable air Thermarest mattresses and more…)
– No hidden prices or Surprises/ We Never Pass you onto another operator as most travel agencies do here. We will depart even if you are a group of 02 persons.
We never share service with other companies as most travel travel agencies do here to Minimize cost.(that’s why porters are overloaded because they are forced to carry for 2 or 3 different companies)
– Small groups & personalized services we also Cater Large groups
– Sustainable and eco-friendly tour company
– Committed to social projects and improving living conditions for the children of Peru. Lots of facilities to book any expedition in Peru.
Quechuas Expeditions is a travel agency in cusco which its first objective is the conservation the Inca Culture and the ecological preservation of the planet.
Our tours are extremely flexible according to what the client wishes to get out of his/her trip. They range regular between 4 to 8 days in length, but it can be extended for more days. Quechuas expeditions have professional multilingual guides (including the manager), local guides working as tour assistants who also participate in the expeditions, professional cooks and very experienced boat and bus drivers.
Discover with Quechuas expeditions the Inca Culture, the Andes, the Amazon Jungle, Titicaca Lake, The Colca Canyon, Cotahuasi Canyon, Nasca Lines and Paracas in the South of Peru. You can visit with Quechuas Expeditions : Nasca, Arequipa, Cusco, Puno, the jungle of Puerto Maldonado, Manu Biosphere Reserve, Tambopata National Reserve and many attractive tours in the South of Peru like river whitewater rafting, horse-back riding, traditional tours and much more.
Quechuas Expeditions will work with you to plan your time in Peru. We can help you building your itinerary. Just give us your frame of time and your interests, and we will develop some proposals on the best way of using your time while visiting our country. We want you to get the most out of your trip and we will work our hardest to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in this special place.
We will include our advice about the cities to be visited, the tours and activities that will satisfy your interests and lodging options that will best meet your needs.
You do not need to purchase all inclusive tours or book complete itineraries. We allow you the freedom of choosing your best options and have the safety of booking the services you think are more important.
As natives and locals, we know these Inca trails like the backs of our hands and are passionate about protecting our natural and most treasured resources. Unfortunately some other companies are not so vigilant and we are concerned about the environmental impact. We hope to lead by example, by giving excellent service to you while conserving and respecting our natural resources and people.
At Quechuas Expeditions, we hold excellent service to you, our clients, and your interests and enjoyment as paramount. We also pride ourselves on being a company which holds the sacred nature of Macchu Picchu and the Inca trail of utmost importance.
All of us at Quechuas Expeditions are thrilled to have you as our guest and invite you to learn about our culture. We have a professional staff of mountain, jungle and cultural guides – all licensed to guide the Inca trail, salkantay trek,inka jungle ,lares trek,choquequirao to machupicchu,jungle amazon tours, cultural and archaelogical attractions in cusco,Peru and Bolivia. Our guides are dedicated professionals who lead our tours all year round, taking vacation only in February when the Inka trail is closed for maintenance and reforestation. All guides ar trained in first aid and rescue. We also have a professional staff of cooks who have done the incatrail for many years.
[tabby title=»Book Now»]