2 Day Titicaca Lake (Uros Floating Islands & Taquile Amantani Islands
Puno Titicaca Lake Tours – Quechuas Expeditions
Click to see real travellers’ Reviews for a Wonderful Memorable Lifetime experience!
2 Days 1 Night
4000 m.a.s.l - 4217 m.s.n.m
Adventure, Nature & Culture
Small Group of 16 ppl Max
2 Day Titicaca Lake (Uros Floating Islands & Taquile Amantani Island Overnight) Overview
STARTING POINT : Pick-up from Puno Between 7:00am to 8:00am
ENDING POINT: Drop-off in Puno at Hotel/Airbnb
DEPARTURE: Daily. If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as large group service). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
HIKING DISTANCE: 2 Day Time
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Level 3. we Also recommend to Aclimatize 2 days before we begin the trip
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 44500 m.a.s.l
TRANSPORTATION: Tourist Bus & Boat Transportation
MEALS: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunches & 1 Dinner
- Day 1: Puno – Uros Floating Island – Amantani Island ( Overnight at the Island of Amantani)
- Day 2: Amantani Island – Taquile Island – Puno
2 Day Titicaca Lake (Uros Floating Islands & Taquile Amantani Island Overnight) Highlights
- Enjoy the scenic the Titicaca Lake
- Get Involved with Local people of the islands
- Make a small ritual for the Andean gods and learn about Incan religion
- Enjoy our friendly customer service and experienced top guides
- Hike through the different types of landscapes and Sceneries, such as cloud forests, highlands, grassy hills, and Andean valleys
- Please, Note: We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form as well as a deposit of 30% and you are ready to go..
Day 1: Puno – Uros Floating Island – Amantani Homestay
We will come and pick you up between 7:30 am to 8:00am from your hotel. Travel and after 2 hours by motor boat and then you will arrive at the Uros Island. Fishermen and hunters inhabit the floating islands of the Uros. The residents of the Uros use the cattail, a type of rush, which grows in the lake, to create the conditions that ensure the islands stay afloat. The dense roots that the plants develop support the island. The roofs are waterproof and the houses are extremely humid because of the surrounding water…Continue traveling in our boat, we will get the next island called Amantani, just arriving there will be first contact with local’s families, they bring you up to the homes, there you get your accommodation for one night in basic typical room between the agriculture fields. The local family will supply yours all foods. After lunch the entire group together walk up to highest point of island, called Pachatata temple 4200m. Is the best place to get pictures from all surround views of this blue sacred lake of the Incas…After the explanation of your tour guide, back to the homes to get your dinner and then you can go to enjoy typical dances with the local music players. Overnight in local family home.
Day 2: Amantani Island – Taquile Island Pre-Incas Terraces – Puno
At 8am after enjoyed the delicious family breakfast meet the entire group and travel by boat to the Taquile island, 3 hours crossing the lake you will arrive at the last place to visit. Visit and explanation about the live, culture, typical costume and every common activity at the main square, short treks around the island including lunch in the co-operative restaurant, there is also a co-operative shop on the plaza that sells exceptional woollen goods which are not cheap but of very fine quality. Taquile Island is famous for its craft production, particularly for its beautiful textiles. The island is narrow only about 1 KM wide, but 6 to 7 Km. long, on Taquile there are numerous pre-Inca and Inca ruins and Inca terracing…Afternoon between 4 or 5pm you will return to Puno and transfer back to your Hotel.
2 Day Titicaca Lake Includes:
- Tourist Bus & Boat Transportation Puno – the Islands – Puno
- English Speaking Guide
- 02 Breakfasts, 02 Lunches & 01 Dinner
- Islands entrance fee
- Local Acoomodation at the island of Amantani
2 Day Titicaca Lake Doesnt Include: (Please, No hidden costs or surprises)
- Breakfast – Day 1
- Tips (optional)
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Quechuas Expeditions highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
- (Black Dimond) Walking Poles Rubber Tips Included: US$10 for the entire trip
- Day Pack 20 – 30 liters (Rain cover included): US$10 for the entire trip
- BRIEFING for all our treks is a Night before we do the trek at 6:30pm in our office, But if you want us to come to your Hotel let us know in advance.(You will get a chance to meet you guide and as well as to give you your duffel bags)
- STORAGE Most Hotels have storage where you can leave the rest of your stuff while you hike to Machupicchu, But if they dont have a place you can leave your stuff in our storage with no extra cost. (Let us know at the time of briefing)
We need at least 02 of you and Leave any day you suit. All Departures 100% Guaranteed If You’re Booked, You are Going !!! To Confirm and Secure the Inca Trail Permits. Send us the filled out booking form
1 Full Day Titicaca Lake Uros Floating Islands & Taquile & Amantani Islands (Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$120
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): (Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$180
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.1
What you need to bring on Titicaca Lake:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Somos los Mejores Operadores en PERU
Somos Operador Directo del Camino Inca
Somos Tour Operador Local del Camino Inca a Machupicchu, Sin intermediarios ni precios ocultos; tenemos Guías Locales expertos y profesionales.
Soporte completo al cliente
Desde el momento en que recibamos su mensaje, le asignaremos un experto especialista en viajes que atenderá y personalizará cada detalle de su viaje; somos Especialistas Locales
Viajes y tours a medida, Experiencias únicas para todos nuestros viajeros; Organizamos tus próximas vacaciones en Perú para que sean únicas e inigualables
Los mejores especialistas en viajes
Harás tu viaje con expertos locales; Conocemos las mejores rutas y Destinos del Perú; Todo para una experiencia de viaje sin igual.
Nuestra reputación en Tripadvisor
Miles de viajeros que conocen la calidad de nuestros servicios son su garantía de excelencia y calidad de los tours. Nos recomiendan
Amigable con el medio ambiente
En todos nuestros viajes, Somos conscientes del medio ambiente y de la gestión de los residuos sólidos; Somos responsables de nuestra huella de carbono y del respeto a la flora y la fauna.