2 Day Upper Tambopata Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island
Tambopata Natural Area is one of the very few areas that contains lowland and foothill rainforests, but also connects to cloud forests at higher elevations.
few people were living in Tambopata’s most remote areas. Conservationists realized that the region could act as a major corridor between Manu National Park and Bolivia’s jungles. The area also harbored healthy populations of Tapirs, Jaguars and other felines, Giant Otters, Harpy Eagles, many types of Macaws, and other animals that had disappeared from other parts of Amazonia. (Click here to see a detailed page of our Lodge)
2 Dias 1 Noche
200 m.a.s.l - 200 m.a.s.l
Aventura, Naturaleza y Cultura
02 Min - 16 Max
2 Day Upper Tambopata Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island:
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Airport or Bus Terminal in Puerto Maldonado (If you stay in Puerto Maldonado. We will come and pick you up from the Hotel/Airbnb
ENDING POINT: Drop-off at Airport or Bus Terminal
DEPARTURE: Daily. If are a group of 02 persons we depart. We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here.
TOTAL DAYS: 2 days 1 Night
TRANSPORTATION: Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from the Port – Lodge – Port
ACCOMODATION: 1 Night in a Jungle Bungalow
MEALS: 01breakfast, 01 lunche, 01 Dinner
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE: Entrance fee included
- Day 1: Puerto Madonado – Lodge – Jungle Trail Walk – Botanical Garden – Caiman Spotting
- Day 2: Sandoval lake hike (Oxbow Lake) – Picnic Lunch – Jungle Family – Night Trail Walk
- Day 3: Parrot Clay Lick – Relax – Zip Lining – Canopy – Kayak to the Monkey island
- Day 4: Breakfast & Transfer to Puerto Maldonado
Please, Avoid the Rushed/Pooled Big Groups of 30 to 40 Groups Size & Large Noisy Jungle Dorms. Because you Deserve the best service we will provide you a room of twin bed room/ Matrimonial room. 02ppl in one room with Private Bathroom and Shower
2 Day Tambopata Jungle Trip Highlights:
- Night 1: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Daylight Jungle Trail Exploration & Our Botanical Garden known as (Chacra)
- Caiman Spotting (Safari Caiman) Madre de dios River
- Sandoval Lake (Oxbow Lake) Full Exploration (to see river Otters, Caimans, Turtles, Bats and many spieces of birds as well as lot of wildlife
- Green Parrot Clay Lick
- Family Jungle Experience to get involved and see how jungle people live in the peruvian amazon
- Zip Lining, Canopy & Kayak to the Monkey Island
- Night Jungle Trail Walk to search insects and snakes
You will arrive at the bus station in Puerto Maldonado around 7:30am and you will be transferred to our office for the final briefing and explanation of what the next few days will include. *Note: In case you have large luggage, we suggest leaving items in our office and only taking with you what you need for the trip.
You will be picked up from the office to begin the land transfer (4X4) truck to our destination for about 2 hours to reach the banks of the Tambopata River. Once we reach this destination, you will take a boat to the lodge. Once settled in you will have your first lunch depending on the arrival time. In the afternoon you will take an introductory walk into the rainforest where you will have the opportunity to see animals in their natural habitat such as amphibians, mammals, reptiles and wonderful insects
You will wake up very early (at approximately 4:30 am) to go on an incredible journey by boat to the world largest macaw clay lick EL CHUNCHO. This journey of about 1 hour and 30 minutes by boat, will allow you the opportunity to see species such as capybaras (the world largest rodents), tapirs, and if you are lucky you can even see the most beautiful South American feline, the jaguar.
After arrival to the macaw clay lick you will see hundreds of parrots of different species (approx.11) come to eat clay adjacent to the river. After viewing the parrots, the activity is followed by the viewing of three species of the most colorful macaws of America with colors ranging from reds and greens to blues and yellows. They come to gather and eat clay needed in your daily diet and eliminate toxins. On a good day of activity you will see hundreds of these wonderful animals flying over you an experience of a lifetime. Next you will return to our lodge for breakfast and rest time.
Then we will walk through the Botanical garden where you can see some fruits timber and medicinal species. Lunch
Out boat will take us to our transport back to Puerto Maldonado at the same route. We will return to the city. Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to airport or Bus terminal
Amazon Tambopata Jungle Includes:
- Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from The Port – Lodge – The Port
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- Cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- Overnights in lodges
- Night 1: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
- Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
- Mineral water all the time
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tambopata Reserved zone (Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
- Vegetarian option with no extra cost. (Send us you requirements please)
- Entrance to the Tambopata Ecological Reserve.
- First Aid Kit (Bring your personal Medication)
- Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
It Doesnt Include:
- International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at email@example.com)
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
2 Day Tambopata Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island(Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Puerto Maldonado or Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$450
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): (Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$650
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Tambopata Jungle Trip:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Somos los Mejores Operadores en PERU
Somos Operador Directo del Camino Inca
Somos Tour Operador Local del Camino Inca a Machupicchu, Sin intermediarios ni precios ocultos; tenemos Guías Locales expertos y profesionales.
Soporte completo al cliente
Desde el momento en que recibamos su mensaje, le asignaremos un experto especialista en viajes que atenderá y personalizará cada detalle de su viaje; somos Especialistas Locales
Viajes y tours a medida, Experiencias únicas para todos nuestros viajeros; Organizamos tus próximas vacaciones en Perú para que sean únicas e inigualables
Los mejores especialistas en viajes
Harás tu viaje con expertos locales; Conocemos las mejores rutas y Destinos del Perú; Todo para una experiencia de viaje sin igual.
Nuestra reputación en Tripadvisor
Miles de viajeros que conocen la calidad de nuestros servicios son su garantía de excelencia y calidad de los tours. Nos recomiendan
Amigable con el medio ambiente
En todos nuestros viajes, Somos conscientes del medio ambiente y de la gestión de los residuos sólidos; Somos responsables de nuestra huella de carbono y del respeto a la flora y la fauna.