4 Day Upper Tambopata Jungle Tour Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island
Tambopata Natural Area is one of the very few areas that contains lowland and foothill rainforests, but also connects to cloud forests at higher elevations.
few people were living in Tambopata’s most remote areas. Conservationists realized that the region could act as a major corridor between Manu National Park and Bolivia’s jungles. The area also harbored healthy populations of Tapirs, Jaguars and other felines, Giant Otters, Harpy Eagles, many types of Macaws, and other animals that had disappeared from other parts of Amazonia. (Click here to see a detailed page of our Lodge)
4 Dias 3 Noches
200 m.a.s.l - 200 m.a.s.l
Aventura, Naturaleza y Cultura
02 Min - 16 Max
4 Day Upper Tambopata Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island:
STARTING POINT: Pick-up from Airport or Bus Terminal in Puerto Maldonado (If you stay in Puerto Maldonado. We will come and pick you up from the Hotel/Airbnb
ENDING POINT; Drop-off at Airport or Bus Terminal
DEPARTURE: Daily. If are a group of 02 persons we depart. We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here.
TOTAL DAYS: 4 days 3 Nights
TRANSPORTATION: Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from the Port – Lodge – Port
ACCOMODATION: 3 Nights in a Jungle Bungalow
MEALS: 3 breakfast, 03 lunches, 3 Dinners, 2 tea times
TAMBOPATA NATURAL RESERVE: Entrance fee included
- Day 1: Puerto Madonado – Lodge – Jungle Trail Walk – Botanical Garden – Caiman Spotting
- Day 2: Sandoval lake hike (Oxbow Lake) – Picnic Lunch – Jungle Family – Night Trail Walk
- Day 3: Parrot Clay Lick – Relax – Zip Lining – Canopy – Kayak to the Monkey island
- Day 4: Breakfast & Transfer to Puerto Maldonado
Please, Avoid the Rushed/Pooled Big Groups of 30 to 40 Groups Size & Large Noisy Jungle Dorms. Because you Deserve the best service we will provide you a room of twin bed room/ Matrimonial room. 02ppl in one room with Private Bathroom and Shower.
4 Day Tambopata Jungle Trip Highlights:
- Night 1: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 2: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 3: Wooden Jungle Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Daylight Jungle Trail Exploration & Our Botanical Garden known as (Chacra)
- Caiman Spotting (Safari Caiman) Madre de dios River
- Sandoval Lake (Oxbow Lake) Full Exploration (to see river Otters, Caimans, Turtles, Bats and many spieces of birds as well as lot of wildlife
- Green Parrot Clay Lick
- Family Jungle Experience to get involved and see how jungle people live in the peruvian amazon
- Zip Lining, Canopy & Kayak to the Monkey Island
- Night Jungle Trail Walk to search insects and snakes544
Reception at the airport. Transfer to our office located in the city of Puerto Maldonado. Luggage which you don’t need during your stay in the Rainforest can be kept in our storage room to facilitate the transport.
Embarkment at the port “Puerto de Capitanía” towards our Lodge: 40 minutes of navigation on the Madre de Dios river.
Arrival at the facilities of the Lodge Amazon Garden Lodge, where you will be received with a refreshment of natural fruit of the season. Your guide will give you the necessary information for your stay and hand over the keys to your bungalow and security safe, followed by the lunch and some time to rest until the first excursion.
3:30 pm: Departure for your first contact with the Rainforest. Your guide will show you tropical trees, medicinal plants and the exuberant nature of the 60-hectare-area of Amazon Garden Lodge. A short stop at a viewpoint where toucans and other birds can be spotted. The duration of this hike is 2 to 3 hours.
Back at the Lodge, you can relax in the hammocks on the terrace of your bungalow, savor an exotic cocktail at the bar, enjoy a relaxing massage by our qualified staff, visit our shop for a handcrafted souvenir of the Rainforest or head to the riverside to view the breathtaking sunset.
7:00 pm: “Caiman Safari”. Before dinner, we will leave for a nocturnal boat trip to observe caimans and, with a bit of luck, other animals which populate the riverbank.
Wake up at 5:30 am for some coffee or tea before leaving for Lake Sandoval. Your guide will hand out a breakfast snack for the excursion.
6:00 am: After roughly 20 minutes of navigation on the river Madre de Dios, arrival at the landing stage of Lake Sandoval. During a 3 km hike through the exuberant vegetation, we will enter the territory of Tambopata National Reserve, where you will have the chance to admire giant trees, snakes, monkeys (squirrel monkeys, howler monkeys and capuchin monkeys) and various birds (notably the Hoatzin – also known as the stinkbird -, kingfishers and snakebirds). Once on Lake Sandoval, we will navigate in small rowing boats, searching for the giant otters. We will also have the possibility to spot caimans, piranhas and a variety of birds.
We will then stop at a rest area, a typical construction for the region with hammocks, lavatories and a bar, where you can eat breakfast, rest and collect your strength for the way back to the landing stage and the continuation of the journey to Monkey Island.
On Monkey Island, about 5 species of monkeys live in the wild. The animals are used to visitors and can come very close. Therefore, it is very important to always follow the instructions of your guide.
1:30 pm: Return to the Lodge for lunch.
3:30 pm: Visit of one of the two lookout towers of Amazon Garden Lodge, with a height of 20 and 42 meters and designed for birdwatching and viewing of other types of animals living at this altitude. In addition, you will enjoy an incredible view of the sunset. (The guide will consult the guests on their preferences and adapt this excursion accordingly.) You will then have some free time to enjoy in the lodge, get refreshed at the bar or visit our souvenir shop.
9:00 am: After a 20 minutes boat trip down the river, we arrive at the chacra, that is a local farm owned by a typical family of the agricultural region, where domestic plants are carefully cultivated, without the use of chemicals, and which are later offered at the main market in Puerto Maldonado.
We will distinguish and even taste different tropical fruits of the season and other domestic products (cacao, banana, cocona, breadfruit, noni, manioc, lime,…).
Next we are received by a native family, who will show us some of their customs and demonstrate their main activities, that is fishing, hunting and handicraft, passed on by their ancestors from various indigenous tribes of the Rainforest. You will learn about some natural products and how they are used to manufacture tools, dwellings, clothing and ornaments, playing an important role in the family’s everyday life. They will also reveal some secrets of their medicinal plants, notably the Ayahuasca.
The visit ends with an outdoor lunch, being an unique experience, both for the family and their guests.
Return to Amazon Garden Lodge – Recreation/Free time
8:00 pm: Dinner
Wake up at 5:30 am for some coffee or tea before leaving for a 20 minutes walk to the clay lick, where you will have the possibility to observe 3 to 5 types of parrots.
The parrots come to the clay lick to ingest a particular kind of clay, to be found in certain areas of this region, and vital for the regulation of their metabolism. A colorful and veritable delightful and exciting event.
8:00 am: Breakfast and free time
After breakfast, transit to the city of Puerto Maldonado in our boats. One of our vehicles will receive you at the port. After a short stop at our office, we will drive to the local market where the population supplies itself with food and other products. During a short visit, you will be able to appreciate the different typical products of the area. We will then head to the airport for the check-in and registration of your respective flights. Order and time line of the excursions can be modified by the guide in coordination with the management where advisable, given the physical condition of our guests and the prevailing climate
Amazon Tambopata Jungle Includes:
- Pre departure tambopata jungle trip breafing at the hotel/office
- Bus Transfer to in/out as well as Private Motorized Boat from The Port – Lodge – The Port
- Qualified naturalist native jungle English/Spanish-speaking guide
- Cook who is charge of making the food /cooking equipment
- Overnights in lodges
- Night 1: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 2: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Night 3: Wooden Tropical Bungalow Thatched Roof (Amazon Garden Lodge)
- Transportation by private bus from Puerto Maldonado/Airport to Port of Capitania/Puerto Maldonado Airport
- Transportation by private boat: Puerto Maldonado / Peru Amazon Garden Lodge / Puerto Maldonado
- Mineral water all the time
- Meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tambopata Reserved zone (Lago Sandoval Lake)entrance fee
- Vegetarian option with no extra cost. (Send us you requirements please)
- Entrance to the Tambopata Ecological Reserve.
- First Aid Kit (Bring your personal Medication)
- Transfers / airport / Lodge / airport.
It Doesnt Include:
- International and Domestic Airfares. and aiport taxes
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations
DISCOUNTS (to apply discounts. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD (Students must be below 25 years) : US$20. Please send us a a scanned copy of the student card at the time of booking.
- Under 17 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: US$20 Please send us a copy of passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: US$20 per person. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
4 Day Tambopata Jungle Tour Chuncho Macaw Clay Lick, Sandoval Lake & Monkey Island(Prices for 2020, 2021 & 2022)
Availability: Daily Departures All Departures are 100% Guaranteed. If You’re Booked, You are Going, We wont Cancel your Trip !!!
How to Book?: Send us all Your Personal information as well as a Deposit of 30% and the Final Balance will be paid once you are in Puerto Maldonado or Cusco.
Group Service: Price per person: US$400
(You will be joined into a formed group of people who come from different countries/Nationalities): (Group Size: 04 Minimum – 12ppl Average – 16ppl Maximum)
Private Service: Price per person: US$600
Recommended for Honeymooners, Families with children & Groups of Friends (02 Persons Minimum)
If you are a group of 02 we depart (No matter if you have paid as GROUP SERVICE). We NEVER pass our people onto another operator as most agencies do here in cusco.
What you need to bring on Tambopata Jungle Trip:
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but because of the higher altitude in the Andes, the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night. We recommend the use of a duffel bag or backpack, whichever is easiest for you to carry. A good size daypack is also essential.
List of things you must bring:
- Original Passport (and some copies) If you have changed your passport Bring a couple of copies of the one that you have used to purchase the inca trail permit.
- Travel insurance is essential (and some copies)
- Airline tickets (and some copies)
- US$ cash and Credit or debit card (see personal spending money)
- Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required
- Camera and Memory cards
- Rechargeable batteries and adapters
- Reading/writing material
- Cover for backpacks
- Fleece top
- Windproof/waterproof jacket
- Small towel and swim wear
- Sun hat
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of long trousers *zipp off
- 1 pair hiking pants/track pants
- Hiking boots/ sturdy walking shoes (with ankle protectors)
- Knee-length socks (to be used with rubber boots, if provided at the jungle lodge)
- Sport hiking sandals
- Sun block
- Toiletries (biodegradable)
- Watch or alarm clock
- Water bottle
- Purifying tablets or filter (Micropur recommeded)
- Insect Repellent (for mosquitos)25 % of deet at least you can also by in cusco.
- Flashlight (head light recommended)
- Money belt
- Sleeping silk liner (for sleeping bags)
- Wool hat, mitts or gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Rain poncho, plastic bags for your personal stuff to keep dry
- Sleeping bag (it can be hired form us) we have goose down or syntetic sleeping bag
- Copy of a valid passport/Peruvian Imigration card Copy as well.
- Copy of yellow fever and tetanus vaccinations
- Money for soft drinks or beers and handicrafts
- Anti-inflammatory tablets (e.g. Ibuprofen)
- Thermal underwear
- Personal first-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhoea, re-hydration powder, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
Somos los Mejores Operadores en PERU
Somos Operador Directo del Camino Inca
Somos Tour Operador Local del Camino Inca a Machupicchu, Sin intermediarios ni precios ocultos; tenemos Guías Locales expertos y profesionales.
Soporte completo al cliente
Desde el momento en que recibamos su mensaje, le asignaremos un experto especialista en viajes que atenderá y personalizará cada detalle de su viaje; somos Especialistas Locales
Viajes y tours a medida, Experiencias únicas para todos nuestros viajeros; Organizamos tus próximas vacaciones en Perú para que sean únicas e inigualables
Los mejores especialistas en viajes
Harás tu viaje con expertos locales; Conocemos las mejores rutas y Destinos del Perú; Todo para una experiencia de viaje sin igual.
Nuestra reputación en Tripadvisor
Miles de viajeros que conocen la calidad de nuestros servicios son su garantía de excelencia y calidad de los tours. Nos recomiendan
Amigable con el medio ambiente
En todos nuestros viajes, Somos conscientes del medio ambiente y de la gestión de los residuos sólidos; Somos responsables de nuestra huella de carbono y del respeto a la flora y la fauna.